My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kia's Story

Meet Kia as she talks about her journey:

My decision to start taking care of my self, by working out and eating better, is completely selfish. I'm doing this for me. When I first began college, I was pretty thin. Gaining the "Freshman 15" was an understatement. By the beginning of my spring semester of sophomore year I gained roughly 25 pounds. Beginning of my 4th year, and a total 30 pounds heavier, I decided I had enough. I was no longer happy with myself. I got to the point where I didn't feel comfortable wearing jeans, because i couldn't find any to fit me. And overall, I didn't feel pretty. So I decided, no more saying I was going to get in shape, no more going to the gym for 3 weeks and then never going back and no more over eating! 
This is Kia...(Cutie aint she)

About a month and a half ago, I began working out 3-5 times a week, controlling my portions and eating more of foods that will help and not hurt me. So far I have lost 9lbs. I'm glad to see results, but I know I have a really long way to go. Some times I get discouraged with the idea that I haven't reached my ultimate goal (20 pounds), but I remind myself that it took my 3 years to put on all of this weight, so it's going to take some time to lose it. 

I love this blog, not just because I love my sister and think she's awesome, but I love that she's taking control of her life, working towards achieving a goal that she set a while ago, and inspiring others to do the same. It definitely helps that she's going through this journey with me. I know both of us will reach our goals, because we have already achieved so much in our lives. 
(Me and my sister Kia)

I don't want to be 125 lbs again (my weight when I began college), but I want to be happy with myself, because fat or thin that's what it's all about, inner happiness.
We will have more updates later on from Kia! on her journey...I am very proud of her on making a plan and sticking to it and keeping a positive attitude! She inspires me to keep going on my journey.

Send me your stories advice etc.. to ritagetfit@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment