My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Finals Week, I give myself a F

The semester is finally over! And I have to admit that I failed miserably on sticking to my program. Remember that entry I posted a little while ago "A few helpful hints" Well lets go through that entry and see how I received an F, during finals week.


  • "Drinks Lots of Water": I drank lots of Pop "soda for you southerners", energy drinks, and anything else with high sugar and caffeine. In my defense though this week I had to submit 4 10-15 page papers along with 3 final exams. Needless to say I really did need that Pepsi or two to stay awake.
    • What I should have done: I know I was staying up late and I needed the energy, but that is no excuse to not have had much water. For every energy drink and pop that I had I should have doubled that amount in water that I had.  Plus the excessive amount of water that I drink, the more I'll have to use the restroom, and the going back and forth should help me stay awake...right?
  • "Eat 5-7 times a day": With all the work that I was doing I barely ate, and when I did finally eat it was almost midnight and I was going through the drive-thru of McDonald's or Checkers. (I have Tina to prove it)
    • What I should have done: I know that I am going to be hungry and I should have been better prepared for it. I could have right before finals week make me a healthy meal that would last me a couple of days so I wasn't running to Checkers. I also could have went to the store to purchase some food for finals, that way I was making sure I was getting in my 5-7 meals, in a healthy manner. Fruit, granola, and apple sauce are just a few examples of foods that I could have eaten instead of a double cheese burger that would have made great snacks. I have to be sure next finals time I am choosing snacks that I can eat in the day or night that wont kill my insides and make Tina grow.
  • "Cut Down on Salt": See previous bullet point about McDonald's..... yeah what's some fries without the salt? 
    • What I Should have done: Put the car in reverse and slowly pull back onto Northside (where McDonalds is ) and Drive away from McDonald's. Kroger's is 24 hours as well, get some lunch meat, make a sandwich..buy some fruit...anything but proceed straight through the drive-thru
  • "Exercise a little everyday": This is about the only thing that I did manage to kind of do. I didn't exercise everyday but I did manage to get a couple mornings in on the track with my friend Brooke. (A mile, some sprints, some lunges, and of course my favorite good old stadium steps) I should get a few points for this right? And I know its only a few points because its not just about exercise, it's mainly about your diet, and well my diet was TERRIBLE.
    • What I should have done: I should have made sure that I did at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday. Those 30 mintues could have helped when I was ready to fall asleep. Jumping jacks are always a warm-up, so it could have been a warm up to tackling some of those papers!
So although I gave myself and F this time around, next semesters finals I'll be sure to get an A. OO as far as the weight I gained during these trying times.. my mom has a plan for that... but that will be the next entry... I'm really about to get it in Just like my momma


    1 comment:

    1. I give you a A* for honesty && practice makes perfect this was a trial round so I'm sure next time you will get it right && learn from your mistakes but really what is a mcd fry without salt ?? Lol. But Goodluck next time ♥ (rissa)

      ReplyDelete