My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 4 in mommy boot camp

It's a lovely night in Jamaica as I sit at the restaurant in our hotel over looking the Ocean. (Its the only place there is internet, but it creates a nice calming experience to write and reflect on Day 4 in boot camp)

Today was the earliest that we have gotten out for our morning workout.. I guess my mom wanted to make sure that I couldn't write that we overslept, LOL. I was hoping that the 6 mile run would get easier, but the three miles down might have been the hardest to get through yet. My legs are really starting to feel the impact of running on the sand. There are a lot more joggers out now days, and everyone gives each other "the nod" the "I got to give you respect nod for being out here because this sand is kicking my butt too" nod. The hotels along the beach help me get through it though. I tell myself as soon as I get to the next hotel I can take a break and walk, and I keep doing it until I make it to the end!

(Remember to stretch though guys! stretching is important)

When it was time to turn around we did a different routine. Instead of running back on the sand, we ran on the street and did sprints the whole way back. Its amazing how intense you can feel your legs muscles with each stride you take. Although it's intense it gives me the energy to keep going.. I guess that's what's referred to as "a sprinter's high". That is going to be our new routine though.. jogging down in the sand then sprinting in between hotels on the way back.


Day 4 in boot camp was the first day that I put on a swim suit, and although I'm not where I want to be right now... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I definitely will not be slacking in my workouts.
( I think I see the beginning of a Four pack coming on.. ya'll know u see it. LOL, maybe kinda? squint with one eye?)

For Day 5 I asked my mom can we do some water sports she said yeah, I was excited!! I mean I had only been asked every 2 seconds since we stepped foot on the sand if I wanted to jet ski.. So that what's I definitely wanted to do! Well guys.. her jokes don't stop coming.. she said we can go Kayaking that way we are working our arm muscles! Never a dull moment with her I tell you! However when we hit that boat she is going to have to listen to me! After all I was the one on the rowing team for four years in high school!

Till tomorrow! Guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment