My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 3 in Mommy Boot Camp

Day 3 in Jamaica and guess what guys... Still have yet to put on a swim suit. Grand I know.... but hopefully next week I will be able to put on a swim suit and feel good in it...also I'm starting to feel the burn in my legs.
(Rubber shorts, see and the bunched up thing under the shirt is the waist band sweating away the fat so I can finally get into a swim suit)

This morning my mom overslept so we got up late so our morning workout wasn't as early as we'd have liked it to be. Ya know.. before the sun is at its peak and we don't bake and die in all that rubber. (For those saying why is it your moms fault you overslept and not mine, clearly you all don't know me very well. I can sleep for forever). And boy o boy do I regret that we overslept. That sun glaring on my legs in that rubber there were a few times that we had to stop in the shade to catch out breath so that we wouldn't pass out. This also left for a crazy looking tan line!
(Do you see that tan line??? That's crazy right?!?)

Despite the heat that tried to take us out we made it! And we ran our 6 Miles! When we made it to our halfway point, we didn't run sprints today, but we did do lunges. IDK what made my think it was a good idea to suggest lunges in the sand it was intense I tell you.. INTENSE. But it felt good though.
(Welcome to mommy boot camp... Ya'll see she aint playing with this full wet suit on.. and the rollers in her hair.. lol she don't care. Its all about getting it in)

My favorite part about our workout is that in the afternoon when we go on the beach for a nice walk everyone waves to us and tells us "hey saw you working out today! looking good" I didn't realize that anyone was paying attention to us, I was too busy singing and running along to my ipod, but it was nice to hear those encouraging words! That means I can't slack on the workout... everyone is watching!

But its time for bed! (yes I know its 7pm.. but hey I got to get up EARLY in the morning to get my workout in!) Write tomorrow to update about Day 4 in mommy boot camp.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like its kinda hypocritical for me to say 'Good job! Keep up the good work!' when I don't exercise, myself, so...

    I'm going to say...

    GOOD JOB! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ...and go do some crunches. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! GO RITA and MOMMY!!!! Im gonna work out tomorrow. I've been inspired

    Keep having fun in Jamaica mon. knock back a shot for me

    ReplyDelete