My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Thursday, October 28, 2010

An unplanned lesson

Hello everyone! I do apologize for being behind on updating my blog. But here is my latest entry:

This past weekend I had one of the best weekends. Mentally I had forgotten about my program and was just having too much fun. I went to Minnesota with my cousin (@msparker513) for the Vikings Cowgirls game. If you missed it, the Vikings won, the Cowgirls went home with their pom-poms between their legs. The first night we arrived in Minnesota I was starving, I literally had not eaten anything the entire day. My cousin and I went down to the hotel lobby restaurant to get something to eat. I ordered a Cheese Burger and french fries. (Are ya'll disapointed in me? I hope not, I'm still a work in progress) Well it wasn't long after I had ordered my burger that I was soon reminded about my journey.

We were later joined by Ray Edwards (vikings 91) and as I am chowing down on my burger (which wasn't that great) he ordered a salad. Gotta love looking like a fatty while the football player is enjoying his salad. He decided to then give me nutrition lesson. I mentioned that my burger was dry, he responded by telling me that by ordering my burger well done, I had cooked all of the nutrients out of the burger so what I was eating was a waste and just plain unhealthy... ok.. got it, for now on I will order my food medium well, just a HINT of pink. No mommy dearest rare for me.

Later that night we went out, and of course we had had a couple of drinks (again 1989 im 21) It was the weekend I had just taken the LSAT was doing some celebrating. Well that enjoyment was short lived, when the next day with Ray I received my second unexpected nutrition lesson. While talking about the night before he spoke about how many calories and sugars are in alcohol. Naturally I asked what do you do when you go to the club....he said he drinks WATER...now before I started to think he's crazy I had to take a moment to reflect on my first year of college when I did not drink. I used to be the one that would go to a club for open bar, for the bottles of water, and coincidently freshman year was the smallest I have ever been. (I looked good yall) So I figure I have to find a happy medium, because I do enjoy a little drink and a two step when I go out. I remember one day when the @THESUPERTRAINER  told me about my drinking and weight before that for every alcoholic beverage I have, to follow it with a glass of water, I think I can commit to that.
this is me freshman year at the beach spring break.. not a care in the world and not sucking in a thing.. these were the good old days that I will be back too!

Workout plans:
  • I have finally found me a new workout partner and I'm excited tomorrow I hit the track at Morehouse at 10am. Im excited and ready to really go hard! 
  • Every night I have been trying to make sure that I do crunches. I have been doing 50 a night but next week I will increase the amount that I do every night. 
Food:

  • I have been making sure that I have incorporated much more vegetables in my life 
  • Drinking Plenty of water
  • And I am trying to decrease my carbs to one a day.
P.S: I promise not to go so long without a entry, will be another one tomorrow 

3 comments:

  1. Yo. eff your new workout partner. i BEEN told you to pick a time for us to be at LA Fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... you tell me.. (i can only roll through the atl station one though) but mwf. you tell me and i'm DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! We Fall Down But We Get Up!! It takes a village! Glad
    U r back and focused! Let's see some results and redraft the cleanse!!

    MommyG

    ReplyDelete