My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The first entry

Hey everyone I'm new to this whole blogging thing, but I figured that I would give this a try.
So here we go. This blogs purpose is for me to get healthy and in shape. I decided to do a blog so that I am forced to keep up with my routines and commitments, and if anyone wants to join me on my journey, please come along.

I have multiple reasons why I want to get healthy and fit besides not wanting to die, but the main reason is my mom. One day she sent me a picture of her riding her bike in her lil tank top and biker shorts, when I looked at the picture my first reaction was damn my mom looks good! I told myself I have to make sure I look good like my mom when I am her age.
With that one picture here we are ladies and gentlemen. Im not trying to get it right and tight for spring break, or a party etc.

Using the blog is an experiment, to see if I can truly stay on task. My experiment will officially begin on Monday October 11th, 2010 (when my LSAT is over)

The Plan:

The Question: Will I Margarite be able to to create a workout program and a healthy eating program the
 will in theory change my life forever?

Hypothesis: I believe that with the help of this blog and support of others I can keep myself motivated to follow the program that I set, so that I will be healthy and fit.


Experimental Design: The design of this project will be to make a workout plan, and a meal plan.. and stick too it.. it sounds simple enough… lets just hope that it actually follows through.

Materials: 

  1. Pair of cute workout shoes- (that are comfortable and supportive) cute ones cause cute shoes always make me want to work out more. Just like a cute pair of pumps make you want to dance and show them off, same philosophy here. 
  2. Waistband- (the mid section is killing me, I can truly only hide it with my chest for so long. at some point people are gonna notice trick
  3. Work out clothes 
  4. A Du-rag and a baseball cap-, yes, I will workout even if my hair is done no shame in wrapping it up throwing on a hat and getting in a good workout. 
  5. Fruit- I want my insides to be just as good as my outsides!
  6. Fresh Vegetables- Trader Joes is about to be my new best friend
  7. Fish- I am going to try to make sure that I eat more fish, rather than beef.... this shouldn't be to hard, well until the name Ruth Chris comes up. 
  8. Charged Ipod- there is nothing worse than going for a run for your ipod to tell you its dead. The whole mood just changes.
  9. Workout playlist- again another instant mood changer when you are working out,  Roscoe Dash got you dancing and running with a great pace then Beyonce Halo comes on and just ruins the whole pace.
  10. I think that's it for now.. will possibly add more if I find I need it.
Procedure: MAKE A PLAN AND STICK TO IT!

Well that's it for the first entry, I have between today and Sunday night to finalize my workout plan!
Send me suggestions guys!!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT RITA!!

    We shld go to a class and make a video to post on here as well. LA Fit anyone???

    Where is Jody???

    I joined livestrong.com, it helps me track the calories I eat on the "MyPlate" feature. Try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the suggestion I will look it up now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome sis... I need to join you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome sis... I need to join you

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIT RI it's heart warming to see another sister (yea i said it) taking their health serious. especially when it is so easy to go through thte drive thru and watch DvR's of Oxygen (off my soap box).

    but, i would suggest starting with the diet. from many blogs and websites ive seen, weight is lost (and gained) at the dinner table. so just keep in mind that what you put in and how much is crucial. almost more than working out (almost!).

    three words that should help you: consistency, focus, self-motivation. it's my belief that if you have these three key things, you are going to be successful. and i KNOW you will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD MORNING BABY GIRL,
    IT IS THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR NEW LIFE. I LOOK FORWARD TO JOINING YOU. I AM A LOT SORE FROM RUNNING MY HALF MARATHON ON SUNDAY. HOWEVER, YOU MOTIVATED ME TO GET TO THE 14 MILE MARKER. THANK YOU FOR MOTIVATING ME. I AM ALSO STARTING A CLEANSE WITH YOU THIS WEEK. LOTS OF VEGETABLES AND FRUIT AND WATER!!

    GONNA TRY THE ACAI BERRY THIS WEEK AS WELL!

    LOVE YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

    MOMMYG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daughter,

    This is great! It is very important to eat to live! If at anytime you need some motivation, just visit someone who needs an insulin shot or a dialysis treatment! That being said, let's review this cleanse situation! There are two things you need for a good natural cleanse: several pounds of grapes and a gallon of water a day!

    The key is to stay away from chemicals! We want all natural and fresh products! NO SUPER PILLS!!! I will give you some more as you progress! Eventually, we want to experiment with maybe three weeks on a vegan diet! Lastly, remember, everytime you eat some cookies, pie, cake, ice cream, candy, and yes --- chocolate covered pretzels, it goes straight to the MIDSECTION!! I know this may have been a little painful at first, but, believe me it gets much better especially when you start to see the results!!

    Love

    Pappi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita,


    I left out the most dreaded culprit of abs of steel yet ------ SODA POP !!!!! We absolutely must eliminate SODA POP and replace it with water and freshly squeezed fruit juice!!! Immediately, your abs will start to respond and take shape!! As always until we communicate again, STAY FOCUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Baby Girl for it is Over The Hump Day for us this week! I have been doing pretty good . I have had No Champagne for one week today!! Tough but no withdrawls!LMAO

    How are things going for you this week?

    My body is feeling better from my 14 mile jog on sunday. I am jogging two miles today and starting back up with my hiphop abs!!

    Keep The faith!

    Love you Much!!

    ReplyDelete