My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Monday, October 11, 2010

Today is the First Day!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

This weekend my mom ran in the Chicago Marathon, she ran 14 miles (one mile more than she planned to do). YOU GO GIRL! Knowing that she was out there running, is just a reminder to me as to why my mission is so important to me. At 21 years old I can  not say that I can honestly run 14 miles in one setting, and that saddens me. Even though it saddens me, it INSPIRES me more, next year mom, I'm Running WITH you. (I have put it in writing so I can't back out) 
Here she is getting ready to start the race. Ya'll notice the materials she has on her: Ipod, workout gear, and some cute shoes to match. Now she is a bit fancier than me, hair done, nails painted, and lipstick on, but that's my mommy. 
14 miles later.. hair still looking good, lipstick still in place... to sum her up in one word..#beast. Notice the water bottle holder thing she got on her, Thats a material I need to add. 

She didn't just stop with the pictures of her in the marathon to inspire me, she even got my nephew involved. 
Gotta make sure I hit my abs

Another addition to the short term list.. Do as many pushups as J.J.

So, what is my plan? I know I was supposed to have this completely figured out by Sunday, but to be honest, I don't have it all the way figured out but I have a rough draft that I'm pretty sure that I can do.

Today is the first day of my cleanse, and reading comments and talking to people that read the blog I need to discuss the cleanse that I am doing just a bit more. Its a cleanse that is made up of all herbs not additional chemicals. However, since one of my parents has expressed concern, I will adjust the cleanse plan. I will do the cleanse for four days. The first three I will use the pills, and the last day I will try all grapes. I'll let you know how the two compare. 

Workouts, I am going to try to work out 4-5 times a week:

Monday: Personal Workout on the track
Tuesday: 7am Boot camp @Spelman, Spelman sisters I'd love to see you there
Wednesday:  Personal Workout on the track
Thursday: 7am Boot camp @Spelman
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Ab bootcamp 1pm @LAFitness ATL Station
Sunday: Rest
New Features of the blog:
Mommy's daily Advice
Remember to take the poll

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful I am not promising that I will run the marathon with you all next year, so please don't look for me, BUT I too have been maintaining a strict, ok somewhat strict diet for the last three weeks. Looking to get back down to 135, I'll let you know how it goes. And best of luck, and good wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I'm a friend of your Mom. My name is Norma Rixter and I'm a Health and Wellness Expert. I've earned the title by overcoming my own major health issues as well as becoming Certified as a SPIN Instructor, Personal Trainer and Nutritionist.

    I am happy to see you are taking note of some changes you need to make to improve your health and apperance. I would suggest you focus on improving your health the sidebar is you will look fabulous. You want to work a program that you can maintain and incorporate as a lifestyle. Lose 10lbs in 10 days just doesnt't work as a sustainable weight loss. Your program should include weight training, this is often overlooked or negelected when women start exercise programs.... your body needs both. If you loose weight without doing weight training you are losing muscle as well and will wind up with flabby arms, abs, butt and thighs. That's enough for now..you can check out my website www.Soarthru.com Good Luck You're own your way! Your mom is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta get it together apparently. Didn't know mom was in the marathon. CONGRATS!!! But for real, you'll be fine. I'm a little worried about your cleanse though. Are you just doing the pills alone. You don't want to deprive yourself of any beneficial nutrients (i.e. protein, fatty acids, etc.) let me know hoe it goes with that. I found out that both of my new roommates work at a gym so i'll be kicking it into overdrive in a month or so. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to see DAY ONE is here, and of course best of luck (but ill be here to motivate EVERYDAY, haha). i see that your workout isn't set yet, which i think is fine because different plans work for different people. but be sure when you do create your work out, that you're incorporating all the muscle groups throughout the week. You last post talked about squats, which are DEFINITELY a great workout. Remember, don't be so rushed nor should you feel like the weight lose and leanness is gonna come in a matter of weeks. It may take months, but just know that you have to find the best workout plan for you and your body.

    Also, i hope this cleansing thing is going ok. Keep in mind that as you workout, you have to supply your body with energy for muscles and lose weight. so i guess once you're done with this cleansing thing, be sure your diet contains all the necessary nutrients and elements. as always very proud of you and STAY FOCUSED!

    ReplyDelete