My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Let's Start this program off cleansed and refreshed

Everyone keeps telling me that the key to being healthy and fit is not necessarily how much I work out, but what I am eating. I have to be honest, this saddens me greatly, I like working out! But I HATE not being able to roll through Popeyes get me a 1.99 snack pack with an extra biscuit. But if I want to see results, I'm going to have to make sacrifices, plus I hear some of this healthy food stuff is tasty.

I work out with a trainer named Jody (@thesupertrainer) well I did often till another client stole him away and took him to L.A, but I can't be mad he's a beast so I understand he's in high demand. Well one of his clients Masika (@Masikakalysha) told me that she lost her 20 pounds by cutting out carbs. My first reaction to hearing this was HELL NO! That means no chocolate covered pretzels, no bread dipped in oil and cheese at Maggiano's, that's cruel! After seeing my facial reaction and hearing my concerns (yes these are concerns and they are valid) she then explained I don't have to go cold turkey. Try it gradually, with maybe one carb a day, then 3 carbs a week etc. That seemed more feasible and I'm sure I can do that (disclaimer: when she first told me about this I said I could do it, then didn't do it, but I'm serious about it now and I am going to give it a try and most importantly STICK TO IT) Her next suggestion was to jump start this program was to start with a good cleanse. She said she did a straight natural cranberry juice cleanse. YUCK cranberry juice is already gross without vodka (sorry mom, but hey I am 21 now) and without and extra sugar! No go for me!

So I started looking into different cleanses, there are a bunch of different juice cleanses out there. Lemonade diets, grapefruit juices, etc. However,  I think the most important part about this journey is going to be for me to be truthful and honest to myself and not commit to something that I know I can't do, and that includes doing a juice cleanse. So I began doing a bunch of research and going to GMC's to get some information on alternative cleanses and I came upon on that I think will work. (mini-story: When I was in GMC the guy helping me was kinda cute, I don't think it was the best look me searching for a cleanse lol.) I found cleansing pills take them a couple times a day, and get a good cleanse. Now that I can do. The kind I got was the Super Colon Cleanse.

The Super Colon Cleanse leads me to Step One of my Procedure, and that is the first week Monday-Friday I will do a cleanse. If I want to start of a new healthy lifestyle I have to get rid of all the bad stuff in me already. NO I will not just be eating pills for a week, but I will be eating straight fruits and vegetables and drinking LOTS of water. (I cant do just no food! I'm a big girl ya'll and I need to eat!)

** New features on the BLOG** Check out my food journal and workout schedule!
Leave me comments to help my process along or comment if you are going to try this program out with me!
Also please read SJBthewords.blogspot.com (@kissthaguns) blog its really dope! and if you read it! hopefully she finally update it!

5 comments:

  1. When you tweeted me and said you gave me a shout, I KNEW it was gn be about my lack of updates. I'm with you on this though!!

    I love that I hear your voice all throughout!

    My next update will include a pic of me and you in workout gear... SO let's get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sis. You can cheer me on too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Archel- LOL you knew it was coming! and Thanks! and im soo ready we gotta start working out together again so i can upload out workouts!!

    @kia I will def! cheer you on! keep me updated on your journey and progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck!!!!!! make sure you get all the vitamins and minerals you need!!!!

    wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look into green teas. And Acai berry supplements. both are appetite surpressants, and antioxidants, so you won't eat as much and it'll help with the cleansing. That's part of my regimen. walk a mile with a 20 pound bag, grab a zen tea, and eat breakfast and then I burn off all of the cals at work. I walk about 2-3 miles on flat ground and about 20 flights of stairs all at work. But keep up the good work. I expect the Mama Diva body when you come home lol

    ReplyDelete