My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rit.. Ri... READ THE LABELS!

One of my biggest supporters through this journey has been my friend Brian... (aka.. Brit Bri). During this journey our friendship has turned into a love hate relationship... for example... I love that he is always making sure that I am on top of my game, and I HATE that he always has the annoying ability to call me right before I'm about to enter the drive thru of Popeyes and tell me to pull away.

The other night we went on our first workout... a late night run in Piedmont Park. I'm not going to lie, I was afraid.. he's quite the little workout guru... and when I asked him to take it easy on me... he laughed and said run. He did that often during the run, when I slowed down or pretended to tie my shoe, (he no judgment) he got behind me and literally pushed me until I started running again.

During  the run he kept stressing to me about the foods that I eat. Everyone says the weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise, but not Brian. To Brian he is a firm believer that it is 90% what you eat and only 10% exercise. He drilled that into during the 6 laps around piedmont park. Stressing the I need to read the labels...and despite the commercials that high fructose corn syrup puts out... I need to avoid it at all cost! "Read the Labels..Read the Labels.. Read the Labels!!" I have to make sure that I read the labels for everything that I eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment