My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pause... Rewind...Refresh...

Can I get a restart?... refresh button?.... Something?....Anything?

When I last wrote I mentioned that Tina had come back...and she came back with a vengeance...currently weighing in at the most I ever had in life! 163lbs This ish has got to go! So I am giving this whole thing another attempt and I'm going to give myself little deadlines to try and keep myself motivated! Current D-Day ( Spring Break... March 8th) I'd like to lose at least 5-10 pounds.

1st step in a restart... acknowledging where I went wrong:
The main reason that I am weighing in in the heavy weight category instead of the light weight is because of my diet. My diet is terrible.. sometimes I have gone days, dare I say weeks without a green vegetable in sight. Fast food became a regular meal instead of a desperate situation. Not only did my diet turn despicable,  but I also stopped exercising (bad diet)+ (no exercise)= Tiny bigger n badder than ever

How to Turn this around... 
My diet is the first thing that I am going to do to turn this around. Making sure that I have green vegetables with all my meals as well as making sure that fast food is eliminated from my food intake period. Also making sure that I am following all the advice that I have put on my blog for others to read, remembering that I am first writing for myself and have to follow my own words. That includes exercising regularly and eating 5 times a day. Making a schedule and actually sticking too it! 

New Materials Needed!
When I first started this project I had my materials, well because I'm revamping my journey this calls for some new materials. Nothing like inspiration of a fresh start with some new toys!
  • Dumbbells (5-7 lbs) I got purple ones
  • Lunch Box...I have to make sure that I am eating at least 5 times a day so I need to make sure that I pack myself some healthy snacks. The well I couldn't find anything healthy to eat excuse just isn't going to cut it anymore.
  • Plastic containers (different sizes and shapes for all the different foods!..I know I get joy from the simplest things)
  • Swim cap and goggles...I am really going to make sure that I incorporate swimming into my exercise routine. When I was younger I used to love to swim I would make my mom take me to the pool everyday and swim my butt off! It's the best exercise there is! Full body work out! 
  • Stop watch...I want to start doing some interval training so I'm going to need a stop watch to do so! 
Lets get ready tooo looooooose weeeeiiiiiiight!!!!
Wish me luck guys! and hold me accountable! 

5 comments:

  1. behind you 1000000% of the way! You got this! Definitely motivated to restart as well! Thankx for the boost!..*smile*....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! glad I could help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piedmont Park...Saturday...GET READY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! We are the same weight! That's pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey hunny bunny, my plan is to swim everyday at noon on the days I don't work. So if you're on campus and free, let's do this :]

    also, i'm buying dumbbells today as well ^___^
    i worked out on the treadmill with 10 lbs, just walking though and OMG what a workout. i had no idea walking could be such vigorous when you add a little weight and arm action.

    anddddd...i did zumba last week for the first time and it was AWESOME! really good cardio but you don't even realize it ;) they offer it for free at spelman, so i have to fix my work schedule around it so i never have an excuse to miss it!!

    notice how all my workouts were "last week." I'm slipping already and it's too early in my regime to slip. let's fix this :D

    ReplyDelete