My mommy

My mommy
the picture that made me want to get my life together

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Leaving Jamaica



Hey everyone,

I am back home in the U.S. and I am actually snowed-in or rather iced-in here in Atlanta. This inspired me to visit the blog, and to reflect on my time in Jamaica.

The final week in Jamaica became more than just working out, we actually started working on our spiritual selves. We found a local Catholic Church and began going in the mornings. While there we learned about a soup kitchen that they had and volunteered to work at it.

 It was a lot of fun watching the little kids and giving out Christmas presents.



The funniest moment was when the kids were singing Christmas Carols..They have never seen snow before...nor know what any of the words really mean.. 

So cute... (bad too) lol but still cute..

In the words of the exercising...it didn't end in fact she walked me 9 miles to this light house.. and then up to the top of the 100 foot light house.... With no camera so I couldn't take a picture :(

No comments:

Post a Comment